Gena Showalter - The Darkest Seduction


HQN Books, 2012. február
Sorozat: Lords of the Underworld 9.
Blogbejegyzésem: ITT
Egyéb: A könyv goodreads lapja.

~ 23. oldal
“Uh, who were you talking to?” the bartender asked (…)
If an angel didn’t want to be seen, an angel wouldn’t be seen. Not even by his brethren, fallen or otherwise. So only Paris had seen Zacharel this go-round. Great. “Myself apparently, and we prefer to chat without an audience.”
~ 36. oldal
Lately, he couldn’t afford to leave survivors. They had a nasty habit of returning for revenge.
~ 40. oldal
Females were the most stubborn creatures ever created.
~ 46. oldal
Anya, the minor goddess of Anarchy? A woman who had more balls than most men—because she’d cut them off the guys stupid enough to get in her way and kept them as souvenirs.
~ 58. oldal
Cronus, god of gods (according to him) and all around asshat (according to her), paced in front of her, ranting and raving. Saying he was “upset” would be the equivalent of saying the Atlantic was a rain puddle.
~ 121. oldal
“By the way, only a real man can accept his feminine side.”
“I don’t know who fed you that line of garbage, but I can promise she’s laughing at you right now.”
~ 142. oldal
Paris, the FedEx deliveryman of Pleasure and Fatality.
~ 210. oldal
You’ll find good deeds are balm for the soul.
~ 216. oldal
“Sienna, meet Zacharel. He’s a warrior angel for the One, True Deity. Zacharel, meet Sienna. She’s mine."
~ 234. oldal
“Oh, Paris.(…)How about this? Today you’re just a man and I’m just a woman. There’s no past, no future, only the present. We do what feels good. Nothing more. Nothing less.”
~ 240. oldal
“Mmm, no underwear.”
“I was… hopeful.”
~ 338. oldal
“So where’s your dog?”
“My little princess is resting in my new room. Travel is so hard on his delicate constitution.”
“Of course.” Because all vampire Tasmanian devils possessed delicate constitutions.
~ 345. oldal
William stepped into the hall. He was pale, clearly shaken to his soul and bathed in blood. (…)
William clapped to gain everyone’s attention. “All right, listen up. I’ve got good news and bad news. Because I’m such a positive person, we’ll start with the good. Ashlyn survived the birthing, and so did her personal horde.”
The hallway echoed with breathy sighs of relief…none louder than Maddox’s own.
So what’s the bad?” someone demanded.
After a dramatic pause, the warrior said, “I’m out of conditioner. I need someone to flash out of here and get me some. Hint, I’m looking at you, Lucien. And, yeah, you’re welcome for my amazing contrib to your happy family. Little terrors clawed me up but good.”
~ 348. oldal
Her little fists pummeled at him, and he accepted the abuse. Until he realized she’d made an improper fist and was actually hurting herself. He wound an arm around her waist, spun her and slammed her into the hard line of his body to still her.
“Let me go!”
“In a minute.” As she struggled, he pulled her thumb out from beneath her fingers and rearranged her fist. “Hit like this.” Done, he released her.
She swung back around to beat at him some more, and this time the blows stung. “You aren’t walking out of this room until I’ve killed you!”
That’d be a nice little trick, and maybe something to try later. “I’ll let you do anything you want to me, but I’d like an explanation first. What’s this about?”
“Argh!” She leapt away from him, paced like a caged lion. Energy radiated from her, practically lifting her hair off her head. “It’s about the fact that all men suck!"
~ 355. oldal
“Come on, baby.” Paris combed his fingers through her hair. “Look past my terrible personality and hideous looks and throw me a bone. Teach me how to woo you properly.”
She snorted. “I’d argue the hideous looks part.”
“But not the terrible personality? Ouch. That hurts, baby.”
~ 400. oldal
“I’m trying to figure out how best to ask for what I need.”
“Try opening your mouth and forming words. That’s what I do, and I can assure you my methods are always stellar.”
~ 485. oldal
Gideon and Scarlet were snuggled together, talking. And a stranger conversation Sienna had never heard.
“I hate you.”
“I hate you more.”
“I hate you most.”

0 megjegyzés:

Megjegyzés küldése

Neked melyik a kedvenc pár sorod a könyvből?

 
back to top